Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Post!

The first blog post. That's a lot of pressure. I've read a lot of blogs in the past few months (of course I'm keeping up with the latest fads - it's me) and there's quite a bit of greatness out there. We (and by we I mean me -- Brad just agreed to be nice) decided to start a blog first of all, because it's the latest fad, and second of all, because we thought it might be fun to show our "house" projects as we work on them and hopefully complete some.

Anyway, I should have started this a month ago when we first moved in, but things have been a little crazy. So far this summer we've gotten married (June 26), went on a honeymoon the following week, then bought a house (July 31)! The house needed MAJOR updating, which we're kind of living in the middle of right now. A few projects we're working on: completely re-drywalling the family room (okay "Den" Missy), taking down the paneling in the dining room, painting everything (including making the blond trim white), hooking up the plumbing to city water, updating all the outlets to three-prong, adding ceiling lights/fans, pulling out all the massive and overgrown hedges....(the list goes on, but that's all I feel like reliving right now).

We have also completed a few things!!! We ripped up the carpet in all three bedrooms and discovered beautiful hardwood that really doesn't need refinishing. We also had a disposal installed in our kitchen sink and an air-gap put in for our dishwasher. All the trim, doors, and windows in the three bedrooms are finished being painted white. The three bedrooms are also finished being painted. We've been very blessed to have our families and friends here almost every weekend and often during the week to help us get this work done. Brian, Cory, Jason, Jody, Missy, Robert, and Brad's fam deserve big props!

In other news, married life is great! It's so wonderful to always have someone around to chat with and hang out with. We're sort of still adjusting to each other's habits ...but nothing we can't handle. Mostly it's just really fun. Things will probably get interesting once I'm back at work and busy again. All those delicious dinners I've been cooking every night will probably cease to exist.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading! And below are a few pics of the house before we began our work. Renovation pictures coming soon...
~Jessie

Front of the house

Back of the house
Master bedroom (3rd BR has the same color/carpet)
Pink main bath!
2nd bedroom

Family Room
Dining Room
Kitchen
Living Room

3 comments:

Jason said...

Wow, I barely recognize the outside of the house and the bedrooms! Looking forward to the before/after comparisons!

Leah said...

Alright, a blog!! :) I love blogs! I think it's a great idea... life is so busy and what better way to keep everyone updated than with pictures, stories, etc! I love the house (and yard!) and can't wait to see what the Gabrielse family has in store for the place. Good luck you two!

Shane and Jody said...

yea for you joining the blog world :) hope you are having a good week!!
Jody :)