Saturday, September 25, 2010

Some Cooper Updates

So lately Cooper has been a little crazy.  He has been really whiny going to bed, and usually he goes to bed just fine.  The other night he cried for over 30 minutes!  He's also been regressing in some of his skills (like "leave it," "Off," and "close," (on the leash).  Maybe it's because we no longer reward for them, because he knows them.  I've been starting to give him treats once in awhile when he does do a good job, to get him back in the habit.  He's also been barking way more lately.  AT EVERYTHING.  And lots of growling/ "Protecting."  He's been a handful.

Today we got him groomed for the second time.  We went to a new place, The Dapper Dog (in Brookfield).  It was recommended by our neighbor.  The first time he got cut we just went to Petco, but they practically shaved him and I had asked them to keep him a little long.  I hated that cut and it took way too long to grow out.  So we tried some place new.  I really like the length they kept his fur today - it's a perfect puppy fuzz.  However, I don't love that they kept his tail really long and cut his head/ears like a poodle.  Yuck.  So I took a picture so next time I go I can ask them to cut his face and tail a little differently.  I didn't really give them any direction other than "Puppy cut."  They had him done in two hours.  I did feel like they rushed me in and out a little bit, but it's Saturday, so I think they were busy.  My neighbor said they always give her lots of information and direction for her dog, so I think I just caught them at a busy time.  Here is the new cut:


Poodle head!

He also has a new crate.  His other one was OKAY but really getting a little squished.  I was worried he'd get arthritis or something from only being able to sleep in one cramped position.  We'll see how he likes this one - this will be his first night in it.  Seems to like it so far! :)

And he's all set for the big PACKERS vs. Bears game on Monday night!

2 comments:

Jess said...

um okay, I think you're ready for a baby:)

Anonymous said...

Me TOO! Ha ha. Grandma H.