Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shower/Birthday/Sorry I'm behind!!!

Sorry for the lack of blog posts.  It's not due to nothing going on around here.  Quite the opposite, actually.  With the end of the school year, one masters class ending and another beginning, and trying to get ready for Peru, there has not been time left for anything else.  But the masters class ended with an A, the school year wrapped up seamlessly, and so far, so good on the new masters class.

Did you know we are going to Peru?  Sorry if I forgot to mention that before!  It is going to be an amazing trip, despite some protests currently going on the country and not knowing much spanish...!!!  (So far I know "Donde esta el bano?" and "No hablo espanol"  haha)  I'll update more on Peru after the trip.  Wish I could update ON the trip, but we'll be traveling around so much I didn't want to risk carrying my laptop, and I had to turn in my iPad for the summer.

Now for the updates...

My brother Casey is getting married this August (August 5th to be exact!) and Missy and I are bridesmaids.  So the first weekend in June we had a shower for Amanda in GB.  It was slightly intense planning a shower in GB from Milwaukee and at the end of the school year to boot, but everything came together and it was a great afternoon!








Another fun thing - Monday nights at Mo's Irish Pub!  Brad plays on a church softball team, and so I go to watch him when I can.  My friend Laurel also goes because her husband, Alec is on the team.  So we chat while they play.  The past two weeks we've gone out for drinks afterwards at Mo's.  We discovered that Monday nights at Mo's are GAME NIGHTS!  So last week Brad and Alec played in a bags tournament and WON, so we got a $50 bar tab!  Then this week we went back to use our tab and Brad and Alec separately entered the darts contest.  Brad took first, and Alec took second, so now we have a $75 bar tab!  Our goal is to win every Monday so we can go for free the next week.  :)


The cheerleaders!

Talking strategy


1st Place!  $50!

2nd Place!  $25!

Then Wednesday was Brad's & Missy's birthday!  Brad and I grilled out shish kabobs (spelling???) and corn on the cob, then Missy and Kyle came over for some drinks and cake.  I used a jello cake recipe, and it was delicious and moist! Yum!




Alright, that's it for now.  Time to get back to my masters class homework.

No comments: