Friday, May 25, 2012

Why I Love My Job

Some (most?) days my job is tough.  Seriously, some days I question my sanity.  30 fourth graders all asking me questions or telling me stories at once can sometimes be very overwhelming.  Correcting 30 tests, projects, or homework sheets is crazy.  But 30 fourth graders can also be VERY fun!  Here are just a few things that made me smile today and reminded me why I LOVE teaching fourth grade! :)  Hopefully they'll make you smile and brighten your day a little, too.


Had this note on my desk one morning!  Love their excitement about learning and READING!
(It says, "Dear Mrs. Gabrielse I have 10 more pages until I finish Holes!!! One more chapter!)  This boy constantly starts and stops books without finishing and we had a talk about why it's important to finish your books, and he did it!!!




Yes, this is doodling on a test.  But still makes me laugh.  Not sure exactly what's going on in this picture.  I guess this is called "Checking over your test when you finish early" - lol.



It's hard to read, but this is a math sheet.  They were asked to describe a square pyramid.  This kid starts with, "Welcome to the 3D shape museum..."  Not sure how a math sheet turned into a museum - very entertaining! :)  He also said that a real-life example of a sphere was an armadillo rolled up into its ball form (most kids said "basketball"...).  Had to think about it - but he's right!


Only two weeks left of the school year - I'm going to miss this group!  But I'm VERY excited for summer!

No comments: