Friday, July 27, 2012

Leah's 30th in Colorado!

Last weekend I flew out to Colorado to surprise Leah for her 30th birthday.  Turns out, it's the third time in the past month that I've seen her, which is rare and soooo nice!  But since she had just seen me earlier last week, I really don't think she was expecting me to show up in Colorado on Thursday night!  Due to some crazy flight trouble, which I always seem to attract, I didn't end up getting to Colorado until 1 in the morning!  Leah was sleeping, so I surprised her in the morning instead.

On Friday Leah had to work, which was good, since Ben was planning a surprise bday party for her on Saturday that he needed lots of help prepping for.  His family was also in town visiting, so we spent Friday painting a room in their new house, cleaning, and grocery shopping for the big event.  Friday night we painted some more and grilled out on their beautiful deck.

Saturday was the BIG day.  It was my job to have Leah ready to go around noon, when her other friend Veronique was going to come over and we were going to surprise her with a girls' day in Denver (Leah and Ben live in Boulder).  Needless to say, with a six month old baby, NOTHING goes as planned, but I still had Leah pretty much ready on time.  I think she was actually ready to kill me for being so pushy about getting ready for our "lunch" date.  She must have thought I was really hungry! :)  So Leah, Veronique and I spent the day bumming around Denver.  We had a great lunch, shopped at some boutiques, and got manis/pedis.


Then we got to Leah's house at about 6:30 and were greeted with "Surprise!!!"  Honestly, I don't think Leah was too surprised.  She was being a little nosey and I think she sort of suspected something was going on.  But the party went great and she was really happy to see so many friends there.  She even had TWO birthday cakes!






Monday morning came too quickly, and it was time for me to head back to WI.  I loved seeing Leah and spending so much time snuggling her sweet baby, Isaac.  He is just a doll!  He is 6.5 months old, so he's at a super fun stage where he sits up, smiles and coos all the time, loves peek-a-boo, is starting to eat solids, and he does this really cute thing where he shakes his head "no" all the time.  I'm sure he has no idea what it means, but he loves that everyone laughs when he does it.












No comments: