Monday, November 19, 2012

It's a...

Today I had my 20 week ultrasound appointment, and the technician confirmed that our baby is a BOY!  (We already knew this since my friend Leah scanned me at 16 weeks, but still nice to have it confirmed since 16 weeks was a little early to tell...)


Unfortunately we couldn't get many good pictures, especially in 3D, since the little guy was moving around like crazy the whole time.  SO WEIRD that he moves so much and I can only barely feel it - and only sometimes!  The nice lady did try for a long time to get a good 3D pic, but Baby G wasn't in the mood for pictures (typical boy already????).

Baby G is measuring the same as last time, which means he is 4 days behind my due date.  My doctor won't change the due date, though, unless it's +/- 7 days.  I also found out that it took me so long to feel him moving because my placenta is anterior, or in front of the baby.  This is probably why I feel like it takes my doctor FOREVER to hear Baby's heartbeat at my monthly appointments.  But I guess now he must be really kicking a lot, because I am starting to feel him finally!

I'll upload the ultrasound pics another day - they're on my phone and I'm heading to bed!



2 comments:

Leah said...

Yay! Now you can start all the fun nursery plans and checking out all the fun boy stuff! I love your picture in this post, too. So cute!

Shane and Jody said...

Exciting! No wonder u haven't felt him much yet- u will be soon though :)