Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! (Belated)

I wrote this post awhile ago, but I only just started being able to upload pictures again in the past few days....

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving again this year.  We are blessed to live close enough to be able to celebrate with both of our families.  Sorry, but this post is going to lack pictures - I guess I didn't take ANY of Thanksgiving.  But I do have some of tree cutting.

Brad and I both had Wednesday off, so we cleaned a did a little housework in the morning, then drove up to Oostburg in the afternoon.  We spent the night with Brad's family, and celebrated Thanksgiving lunch with them on Thursday.

Then Thursday afternoon we drove to Green Bay to celebrate with my family.  We had a late dinner at Casey & Amanda's house, then spent the night at my Mom's.  On Friday, we did a little shopping, but pretty much bummed around (put up my mom's tree, watched a few movies...).

On Saturday morning, we left my Mom's and headed to Oostburg once again to cut down our tree at Bosler's tree farm.  They have one standard price for any tree you cut, which is nice for us, since we love the BIG trees!  I always get a wreath there, too.  This year, Missy came along with us, which was nice, since I got sick of walking after the first half hour.  Then she and Brad scouted trees while I stood by our best pick so far.



This is the tree we both wanted to get, but sadly, we had to admit it was a little too big to fit in our house...

When we got home, we put up the tree (we'll decorate later - we like to let the branches settle a bit), took 12 HUGE bags of leaves to the dump, which meant....BOTH cars can now fit in the garage for the winter - yay!  I'm so excited to not have to scrape off my car in the mornings.




So overall, it was a great weekend.  We are so thankful and feel so blessed for our wonderful families, our own little growing family, our home, jobs, and our friends.  We are also thankful that my mom has been feeling pretty well lately.  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Your tree is beautiful!