Friday, June 16, 2017

Isla is 4 Months!

Crazy to believe we made it a third of a year already with Isla!  And thankfully the hardest four months are behind us.  From here things will get easier as she can start to sit up, crawl, play, etc.  I do feel like Isla is definitely getting easier and more content.  She's on Prilosec and Zantac both once a day for silent reflux (what Eleanor was treated for too) and she seems way more comfortable in general.  She still spits up some, mostly during tummy time, but it doesn't seem to bother her too much.  She isn't usually very burpy/bubbly anymore.  Isla and I also are both taking probiotics and I am still dairy free.  I had a little dairy the other day and thought it made her super gassy and she didn't sleep well.  Could have been a random coincidence but I'm not willing to chance it!  We have her GI appointment coming up at the end of June so we will see what they think about that.


I looked back at my notes from the other kids and Isla is doing a lot of the same things they did at this age, like taking some short short naps (boo!).  She usually has one long nap (2 hours!!!) per day, and the rest are 30-45 minutes.  In general she stays awake about 1.5-2 hours between naps, but sometimes after the short naps she gets crabby quicker.  She is doing well napping and sleeping at night in her crib.  At night, Isla usually wakes to nurse twice (around 12/1 and 3/4).  She goes to bed around 7pm and wakes up for the day around 6am.  It's a little early for my liking, but her bedtime is super early (it's a stretch to keep her up that late actually!), so we deal with it for now.  Isla is almost able to put herself to sleep but not quite and we usually have to put her nuk in and pat her butt a couple times or rock her to sleep.  And she nurses mostly after her naps.  Nursing is kind of still all over the place but generally she goes 2-3 hours between feedings.  She eats for anywhere from 4-20 minutes, on average I'd say around 7/8.  My supply is definitely lower since cutting dairy so I think that's the reason behind her nursing longer than she was originally (she used to nurse 4/5 minutes consistently!).  Now that she's 4 months, we are starting to work on a bedtime routine that includes a bottle instead of nursing.  The first night she took 2 ounces from the bottle and then still nursed a bit too.  She doesn't seem to mind the bottle but just isn't super excited about it yet.


Isla is definitely a mama's girl and a bit of a high maintenance/needy baby.  She cries after 2-3 minutes whenever anyone other than Brad or I hold her.  But she loves to smile and talk so as long as I'm holding her she will smile and coo at anyone!  My poor friends keep offering/trying to hold her for me but she just isn't having it!  I'm hoping she grows out of that soon because as she's getting bigger she gets heavier to carry around all day.  Between naps, Isla is MOST happy being carried around facing out so she can look around and be part of the action. She will do okay in the bjorn for a little while but much prefers to just be on my hip.  She LOVES being outside.  Isla will tolerate her bouncy seat and exersaucer for maybe 15-20 minutes.  She enjoys being on her back and rolling to her tummy now that she can hold herself up a bit on her arms.  Isla loves to talk/be talked to, smile, and suck on her nuk and hands.  She HATES the carseat (still usually fusses and cries), the stroller, and being put down when she wants to be held.  Isla loves Bennett and watching the big kids play.  She loves Eleanor too, but Eleanor is in her face a lot and I think it gets overwhelming.  :)  Eleanor ADORES Isla and would seriously help/touch/play with her all day long if I let her.


We do love our sweet and smiley Isla Lucile so so much!  She is not the baby I thought we would have but she is the perfect baby that God planned for our family.  She is a bit challenging/needy but I am really trying to enjoy the snuggles/rocking since she is my last baby and I know I will miss these days soon enough.  <3 nbsp="" p="">


No comments: