Well summer has just been FLYING by! The weeks are going fast because I’m teaching summer school, and the weekends are going even faster because we’ve been constantly out of town. Mostly we’re doing all fun things, but even still, it’s going too fast.
Our garden has been a success this summer. We have rabbits EVERYWHERE in our yard, even eating our new perennials, but thanks to a great chicken wire fence, they have not yet gotten to the veggies. So far we’ve gotten some jalapeno and banana peppers, lots of beans, and some peas. I’m dying for our tomatoes to turn red –we’ve got two types. We also have two varieties of onion, but they’ll be a while yet. Our basil is ready to go, but we haven’t picked it yet because we need some good basil recipes… we’ve got a TON! We also have cucumbers taking over the garden (I may not plant those again – they really spread out), and corn stalks growing really well (but no corn yet of course). It’s been fun. The worst part is weeding the garden, but it’s worth it. We recently picked peppers and made pico de gallo (similar to salsa). The tomatoes and cilantro were store-bought because ours isn’t ready yet!
We finally broke out the top tier of our wedding cake in celebration of our one-year anniversary. Thanks to Randy’s great vacuum sealing techniques, the cake was still pretty good! I’ve had worse fresh cake…and this was one year old!
We were also lucky enough to spend time with Leah and Ben again!!! They were in Green Bay for her 10 year high school reunion and flew out of/in to Milwaukee. They spent the night with us before heading back to Colorado. We had a delicious dinner at The Wicked Hop downtown and breakfast at Trocadero. Two GREAT restaurants in downtown Milwaukee that I’d HIGHLY recommend.
We also did some more landscaping, including putting in a firepit! Then we had our first “fire” with some friends. It was a fun time and we’re hoping to have more this summer.
In other news, Brad and I saw “Wicked” downtown. It was FABULOUS!!! I would highly recommend seeing the show, although I think it’s sold out in Milwaukee right now. So good! Brad also admitted to liking it.
Monday night I went with the girls from my Bible study to The Melting Pot. They have “Ladies Night” on Mondays and for $15 you get a salad, cheese fondue, and chocolate fondue. It was yummy and fun! Nice to catch up with everyone.
Sorry about the million updates…it’s been awhile! This weekend we’re going up north with Brad’s family to Lakewood, so check back soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment