Thursday, July 8, 2010

Landscaping & Other Random Things...

Yikes!  I feel like I am a bit behind in the blog world.  We've had a LOT going on around here, though.  Last weekend we went to Green Bay for my cousin Emily's wedding.  It was beautiful and FUN!  They had dilly bars for dessert instead of cake! Cool, huh?

Then Sunday night, for the 4th, Brad and I took Cooper camping at Pike Lake State Park.  We're going with some friends this weekend and really wanted to bring him but we wanted to see how he'd do first.  Turns out, he pretty much loved it!  He basically layed (read: ROLLED) in the dirt and chewed on sticks the whole time and was perfectly content.  We heard lots of fireworks and Cooper didn't even acknowledge hearing them, which was great.  Based on this and the fact that he NEVER comes when we call him, I'd say he was deaf, but you just whisper "treat" and he comes running, so I think he's just sassy. :)  We went on a short but inclined hike and he tried to run the whole way - loved it!  He also slept fine through the night, no problems.  He did bark once at every new thing which got a little old, but he's a puppy and still learning about things, so I can't blame him.  We've got a squirt bottle ready if the barking gets out of hand, though.

Tuesday Brad's family and Missy came over to help us with some yard work.  We cut down a tree in front of our house that was half-dead, grew berries (most likely poisonous) and had horrible thorns.  What a terrible tree!  Who would ever want that?!?!  Eventually we're going to replace it with a nice Japanese maple.  But right now we kind of only had the budget to landscape the backyard.  :)  After we got rid of the tree, we (read: Randy, Brad, & Robert) dug out a fire pit in the backyard.  It's great because we have lots of wood from cutting down the tree - perfect!  Lastly, we got some free mulch from the recycling center and mulched around the landscaping in the backyard.  Brad's mom spread the mulch and she did a fabulous job!  It really makes the tiny plants we got look great!



Our garden...it's growing great!!! :)


We'll have more pictures to post after this weekend, I'm sure.  We're going camping with a few of our couple-friends from church.  One of the couples has a two-month old cockapoo from the same breeder we got Cooper from.  The two LOVE to play, so I think it'll be fun and entertaining to see them together all weekend.

1 comment:

laurel delange said...

You guys are so blessed to have family in the area, that is still the hardest thing for us living so far away from our family. I can't wait to come over and have a fire at your house :) And even more so I can't wait till the cousins get to play again together this weekend!!!