Thursday, February 17, 2011

Visitors From the North!

This past weekend we had some special visitors...my brother Casey, his fiance Amanda, and their miniature daschund, Calvin.  We were very excited to have them come, because it was the first time they've been to our house.  We see Amanda and Casey once every 4-6 weeks when we visit my mom in Green Bay, so they really haven't ventured here.  But this weekend it worked out for all of us, so they came!


Cooper was REAL excited to see Calvin, and I don't think they stopped "fighting" from the minute Calvin walked in the door.  I wish I would have captured some pics of them, but they move around so fast, it's hard to get one that turns out.  The rest of us didn't sleep so well, because Cooper and Calvin both cried all night wanting to be by each other.  The problem was, they would NEVER sleep if they were near each other, so we knew we couldn't give in.


But it was a really fun weekend.  Friday night they got to Brookfield kinda late, since they worked full days, so we just had some beers and caught up.  Saturday we had an intense day of eating.  :)  Kyle & Missy joined up with us and we went out for breakfast at Trocadero, one of my favorite brunch spots downtown.  We had some delicious drinks and food!



After lunch we went to a brewery tour at the Lakefront Brewery.  Always a good time!  We briefly considered bowling or ice skating but after a large brunch and four beers, no one really felt like doing anything physical. :)



For dinner we went to Cafe Hollander in Wauwatosa to celebrate Casey getting a promotion at work.  Congrats again, brother!!!  After that, we went home to play games, but we were pretty much all too stuffed to move.  So we ended up watching The Breakup and chilling on the couches instead.


It was a fun fun weekend, and we were really glad Casey & Amanda could come!  It was also fun to talk wedding with Amanda, since August is coming up quickly, and Missy & I will be bridesmaids...


Anyway, this weekend I have class.  Hope everyone else can do some fun stuff!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CUTE picture of the three ladies with their bloody mary's! It's posts like these that make me really yearn to be closer to home.

In related news, I think I'm coming home to celebrate Brielle's 2nd Birthday (dates to be announced) and I hope I can see you guys!