Thursday, March 21, 2013

37 Week Update

Even though things are crazy busy around here, I know I'll regret it if I don't document how things are going with Baby lately.  I have many posts in my head that I want to do soon, if I get time: a post about my mom, my wonderful Green Bay baby shower, and my work baby shower.  But I'll get to those soon enough.

For now, I wanted to update you on my pregnancy and Baby G.  He still has no name (no...we're not just saying that so people don't ask us to tell them the name, he really doesn't have one!).  We have a few contenders on our short list, so we promise to have a name for Baby once we leave the hospital, if not sooner!

At 37 weeks, I feel like Baby has started to drop.  At my doctor's appointment this week, my blood pressure is still great, Baby's heartbeat sounds good, my belly measurements are fine, and I am 1.5cm dilated- yikes!  My doctor also did some bloodwork/testing stuff to check for Strep B, anemia, etc.  Just to make sure.  I guess she always does around this week.

Let me tell you, up to about week 36 I have been saying pregnancy is SUPER easy.  I was feeling good, had some energy, wasn't gaining a crazy amount of weight, wasn't sore, no trouble sleeping...

Well...that has changed.  Week 36 hit and it was like I ran into a pregnancy brick wall!  My feet are SO SORE and swollen.  Hardly any of my shoes fit me, and even those are SO uncomfortable by the end of the day.  I have one of those jobs where you're just on your feet all day, and taking a break to put my feet up isn't really an option when I have 25 ten-year olds surrounding me all day.  I also go to the bathroom about ten times a day, and so I literally watch for an aide to walk by my classroom so that I can quick run out during class every so often!

If you see me walking anywhere lately, you will notice that I am definitely waddling.  And slowly.  EVERYTHING seems like a huge task lately.  Even just sweeping, my back and hips got sore.  I'm sure part of it is that it's cold and still wintry, so I haven't been super great with physical activity....I think that would help.  I'll be glad once Baby is here and it's nice out and we can go for walks.

Sleeping at night is also not going well.  Not at all.  I have to sleep on three pillows due to heartburn, as well as take 2 tums before bed each night.  Usually that helps me NOT wake up choking and coughing.    But I do usually need a bathroom break around 3-4am.  Plus I switch from my left to ride side about fifteen times a night.  My hips have started getting reeeeeeally sore.  Brad also would like me to note that I am snoring like a train lately.  :)

But the good news is, we have Baby's room pretty much ready.  We even have a carseat now (thanks Highland View friends!).  We still have quite a hefty to-do list of things we'd like to get done before Baby comes, so we'll see how close he wants to arrive near his due date.  A bunch of my friends have been taking turns bringing us meals a few times a week, which is soooooo nice because we are just so overloaded with so many things right now.  And tonight Missy and Kyle came over and helped me clean the house - SO AMAZING!  I'm sure that's the last thing they wanted to do, especially since it's officially Missy's spring break, but they didn't hesitate when I asked and Missy even volunteered to do the bathrooms!  Hopefully we can keep it pretty clean for a while, because I'm not sure I'll be up to that task again until, well....who knows when.  :)

I really did not want to post this, but I guess I have no choice.  No matter how many angles we took this from, I just look HUGE (and not just my belly).  Oh pregnancy, you make me appreciate how I was/looked/felt BEFORE! :)  So don't judge me please, but this is me at 37 weeks:









1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look great, Jess! I remember clearly feeling the way you've described. It is no fun, no fun at all. Just a few weeks and your life will change for the better forever. Hang in there, and try to rest and relax as much as possible before you're forced into waking up every two hours. :) Love you!!