Today Bennett had his 4 month doctor check-up. He was such a good boy and smiled and "talked" to the doctor and nurse the whole time. He did cry for his two shots (he sucked the oral medication down like a champ!), but calmed down pretty easily once I held him and sang the ABCs.
Bennett still has his blocked tear duct in his left eye, but she said it can take up to a year to heal. It's totally normal and looked fine. It doesn't bother him at all - just looks yucky and uncomfortable.
Dr. Calkins also said that I might want to work on not letting Bennett nurse himself to sleep. She said at this age bad habits are still easy to break, but at 9 months or so it will be much harder. She also said I could try seeing if he can put himself back to sleep at night without nursing. She said it might take 15-30 minutes of moving around and fussing. I also have to stop swaddling him (even with arms free) since he can roll onto his tummy - and she said it's good for babies to be able to move all over their crib at night. I guess rolling onto his tummy is a 6 month skill, so she was impressed, and she thinks more tummy time will help him build strength to roll the other way (which is the way they normally roll at this age). Otherwise she said he is very strong and she said he's doing great!
Bennett weights 14lbs 7oz which is the 23% (last time he was 12 lbs - 33%). He is 25 and 1/4 inches long, which is the 45% (last time he was 23.5 - 61%). But the doctor was happy with his growth curve and thinks he's right on track. He goes back again at 6 months, when we'll probably be starting some food! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment