Friday, March 21, 2014

Home Sick

Well...this morning Bennett woke up at 5am crying.  This is not unusual - he for some reason thinks that's the time we wake up (we actually wake up at 6am).  We let him cry for awhile, but then realized he wasn't really settling down.  So we got up and made a bottle.  After the bottle, he was still really fussy, and I realized he felt warm.  So I gave him some tylenol.  Still he was fussy and not really consolable.  I decided at this point (1.5 hours or so of off and on crying and a baby who was only a little content when being carried) to call in from work.  Thankfully it was a staff development day so I didn't have to try and do sub plans quickly.  That was a good thing - because Bennett was still crying bloody murder and refusing to be put down.  Brad gave me a break once he was dressed for work and read Bennett a book - and Bennett fell right asleep on his lap.  This was at 7:30am (2 hours before his usual morning nap time).  I decided to call the doctor's office to get him in later that day.  This was after his early morning nap, around 9am.  Looks happy, right?



And this is us at the doctor's office a few hours later (sorry about my mouth - I think I was making a sad face lol).  You can tell he doesn't feel good at all.  Bennett's pesky ear infection in his left ear is back!  And Bennett is not happy about it - fussy, fever, tired...  We picked up a new kind of antibiotic from Target and we'll pray that this time the ear stays cleared up!

1 comment:

Shane and Jody said...

Hope he feels better soon! No fun!