Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sick!

Ben caught a nasty virus from who knows where....maybe church nursery.  But on Wednesday he took a 3.5 hour nap, then Thursday woke up with a fever.  All day Thursday he had a decent fever (101-102) that wouldn't go down with Tylenol or ibuprofen.  He ended up having an ear infection too, and then Satûrday woke up with a cough and runny nose.  Poor kid has spent more time watching TV than ever this week/weekend!  And since he's little he's not super great about covering up his coughs and sneezes, plus he keeps wiping his nose on his sleeve, no matter how many kleenexes I surround him with.  

So now it's been 8 days since he started the fever, and today he seems great other than a lingering runny nose.  Yesterday he was a pretty good too.  But bad news - today Eleanor woke up with a fever and congestion!!  I tried so hard to wash hands, keep Ben away from her, and disinfect....but it didn't work!  Brad leaves for Europe for a week on Sunday and I'm soooo praying Eleanor is much better by then.  This has been one of the most exhausting weeks of my life!  I can't imagine doing it without Brad if it continues into next week!




The only way to sleep when you're congested....


Ben's been sick so long he knows the drill!  TV on the couch with stuffed animals, pillows, and blankets (when I took this he was off getting his blanket).



No comments: