Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Our Family Christmas

Since on Christmas Eve we head up to Oostburg for the weekend to celebrate Christmas, we've sort of started a little tradition of opening gifts at home the night before Christmas Eve.  Brad had off today, so we had a fun little family day.  After naps, we played outside (crazy I know, but it was 55 degrees out!!!), then Brad took the kids to get Papa Murphy's pizza so I could set up Christmas gifts under the tree.  In the time they were gone I quick picked up the house, lit some evergreen candles, set out the gifts, put on some Christmas music, and got out some Christmas cookies.  The kids were super excited to see gifts under the tree when they got home! :)

 Bennett and I made a gingerbread house last night - he had so much fun.  "This is my favorite game!" he said. :)













New books!

The kids both got a picture album with some pictures in it.  I realized one day that all my pictures are on my computer, blog, and the baby books (which the kids don't get to look at often).  They LOVED looking at the pictures, and I'm excited to keep printing and adding more!  Eleanor kept saying, "Dada! Dada!"



 They also got the Little People Nativity set - the big/good one, where the manger lights up.  They were both super excited! :)


Bennett got Everest, the newest Paw Patrol pup.  He had gotten the 6 main "pups" (as he calls them) from Aunt Missy for Christmas and LOVES them.



Reading some books with Daddy before bed!

Oh my, after this Eleanor was SO hyped up she did not want to go to sleep.  She usually goes to bed around 7:15, but she could not settle down.  She got to stay up until 8pm and then was finally ready.  She had a lot of fun chasing Cooper around after Bennett went to bed.  Such a fun day! :)

1 comment:

Leah Vanberg said...

Sounds like such a nice night! I love those special family moments at home. (Can you tell I'm getting a little homesick?) Eleanor is talking!!? Big girl!