Eleanor is talking so much. I think it's because she's a real observer and quiet at times, so she takes it all in and learns quickly. She's doing a lot of babbling and baby talk, but she also tries to repeat words we ask her to, and she has some words she says clearly all by herself (some not so clear but we know what she's saying): Mama/Dada, Baba (Bennett), Mimi (Missy), ah-dah (all done), oh oh, rah rah (rock rock - says as she sways back and forth holding her doll), baby, Bah (ball), no (usually while shaking her head about food she doesn't want), a boo (peek a boo), moe (more - usually said with her hand outstretched towards food), ticka ticka (tickle tickle), nana (banana), yeah, hop, Cooper (poo poo), blankie (bay-ee), wah (water), cookie, bye bye, hi, ... and she makes many many animal sounds. She also understands a lot and can follow most basic directions. She can point to her eyes, nose, mouth, hair, ears, toes, and fingers!
Eleanor is like Bennett's minion, haha. She copies everything he does and wants to do everything he is doing. Thankfully he usually doesn't mind. But sometimes he does get frustrated with her. I think since he was 20 months when she was born he's pretty used to it and so usually he is patient and shares with her without really even needing to be told. If he screams because he's upset about something, she will start screaming. If he runs and jumps in excitement, she will do the same. And don't even try telling her she's not big enough to do something he's doing!
Eleanor loves babies/dolls, dogs, cats, and playing chase. She also loves dancing and singing. She often lays down so you sing the sleeping bunnies song, or starts walking in circles saying "rah rah" (which means she wants you to sing ring around the rosie). Eleanor also loves reading books. She LOVES destroying things and thinks it's hilarious. Bennett lovingly yells and calls her, "The destroyer!!!" And she's going to be just like Bennett because she LOVES being outside. If I try to make her come in she gets real upset and screams and cries. She enjoys being pushed on Bennett's tricycle, and climbing on the play structure. I think this summer she will love the water table.
Eleanor is still a mama's girl and if she's tired, hungry, sick, or teething insists upon being held. But when happy and healthy she is pretty playful and independent. Her favorite independent activities include playing in Cooper's water dishes, playing in a drawer of tupperware, pulling books off of the shelves and "reading" them, and otherwise just getting into things and carrying random things around. The past few weeks she's been very clingy and wanting to be by me a lot. I call her my static cling baby. :-p
We've turned a corner with sleeping - finally! She goes down around 7:30pm and is up for the day between 6:30-7:00am. For about two weeks she is no longer nursing in the night, and in fact, only nurses a little before bed. I never thought I'd be still nursing a baby at 15 months, but this lady doesn't love regular milk and LOVES nursing. Despite my best efforts, Eleanor has cut herself down to one nap already. We usually do it after lunch, so around 12:30. She could probably go down closer to 11:30, but I like to put her down at the same time as Bennett and that would be WAY too early for him. On a good day she'll sleep 2-3 hours, but honestly it's usually 1.5. I definitely miss two naps (the morning break was nice to get ready!) but it is easier to go places this way.
Eleanor is usually a great eater. She does love snacks (cheese sticks, strawberries, yogurt puffs, and yogurt sticks are her favorite). Her favorite food I would say for sure is pizza, but she normally eats anything fairly well. The one exception is when she's sick (which this winter has been a lot unfortunately)....when she is sick she just won't eat. She still nurses, and will eat little snacks, but it's like pulling teeth to get her to eat. It's horrible because she's so small that I don't feel like I can let her get away with only nursing, even though I know she's not feeling well. So all day long when she's sick, I stress about trying to get her to eat something. Hopefully she'll outgrow that habit and not get so many tummy viruses next winter when she's older!
At this age, Bennett had no sense of stranger danger. He loved everyone and would literally go by anyone. Not so much with Eleanor! She loves to be by me, and will willingly go to Brad, Missy, and Grandma. Other people she needs a while to warm up. Once warmed up she's pretty good. She occasionally cries when someone she doesn't know tries to hold her right away. She does go to the church nursery 2-3 times per week, and she'll usually cry for a minute until we're gone or someone picks her up and then she's fine the rest of the time. :)
We love you, Eleanor Beth!














1 comment:
Yay for sleep!! Great news! She is so cute! Love the static cling baby- sounds familiar :)
Post a Comment