Thursday, August 17, 2017

Isla: 6 Months!

I'm finding it harder and harder to find time to blog lately, but I LOVE having these posts to look back on.  So I'm just going to simplify this one as bullet points I think.  (I realize I totally skipped a 5 month post for her!)  CRAZY that we are half a year in with Isla.  It's been a bit of a rocky start but is slowly getting better.  Some nights she's still really crabby and tired around dinner and making it to bedtime is tough.  She is just a pretty high needs/sensitive baby....I think that's just her personality/temperament.


Sleep:
-Sleeps 6:30/7-5:30/6am (SUPERRRRR early....we're working on it).  She does wake up 1-2 times to nurse in the night.  She's having a bit of a regression this week (growth spurt maybe?) and it's been rough.  Sleeps on her tummy or side but mostly tummy.
-Naps usually 3 times per day, and naps are all over the place.  I try to keep her up 2-2.5 hours between naps.  Sometimes they are 2 hours, sometimes 30 minutes.  It's frustrating, but hopefully she will regulate once she goes down to two naps.
-She still often needs nursing or rocking or her nuk to fall asleep.


Eating:
-Still nursing every 2.5-3 hours usually, before naps/bed usually.  She does take a bottle about 50% of the time before bed when I have meetings or errands, and will do 3-3.5 ounces usually.
-We do a small amount of oatmeal cereal once a day and she seems to like it.  Opens her mouth wide and leans in.  She likes to try and hold the spoon. :)  I've tried pears twice and she was not a fan.  But she likes to eat little mashed up pieces of my banana in the morning!


Skills:
-Rolls both ways and all over the family room and her crib.
-Getting up on all fours but then gets frustrated/stuck.
-Likes to "stand" with help.
-Likes to grab her feet/toes
-EVERYTHING goes into her mouth lately
-Almost can sit up but doesn't seem to like it and just always tries to push to standing up or rolling over.


Other:
-Doing better in the carseat and also does well in the Lillebaby carrier facing forward
-Can tolerate the big stroller for a little while but still not a big fan
-Likes her baby swing outside and being outside in general
-Loves mama to carry her ALL.THE.TIME.  Daddy can hold her if Mom's not around but no one else or she will cry.  My other two were not like this at all and it's exhausting!
-Still on a small dose of Prilosec - we are trying to wean her off and see if she no longer needs it.  I am also still dairy free but not being 100% careful with ingredients and she seems to be okay.  We are still going to the chiropractor too, but are almost done with that.
-She loves watching Bennett and Eleanor and I think is so ready to be able to run around with them.  She giggles at them a lot.  She also giggles when you say, "I'm gonna get you!" and tickle her tummy.  She's not a big "talker" yet with consonant sounds but does a lot of cooing still and some squealing.


Doctor Appointment:
-Isla had her 6 month check up today!  Dr. Calkins was happy that she continues to follow her growth curve, though she is little like Eleanor always was.  She was 14lb5oz, which is the 17%, 25.25 inches tall, which is the 23%, and her head circumference was 16.34 inches, which is the 29%.  So she's pretty much about 20% across the board.  Isla did NOT like Dr. Calkins looking her over, and cried/screamed the whole appointment pretty much.  Yikes!  I should mention that they were running about 45 minutes behind and we were well past nap time too.  Overall she's doing well and meeting milestones.  Dr. Calkins agrees that she just seems like a more high needs baby and she should hopefully grow out of that.  We got the A-OK to start on foods! :)

No comments: