It started with all three kids sleeping until 6:30-6:45ish. No joke I was really happy about that! Haha. Most days Isla is up at 6 so this felt great. Then Brad went to work a little late so I could get ready for the day and go get my free Starbucks drink (yay!). Isla took great naps that day, and Missy and my friend Sarah came and hung out in the morning with donuts and sweet gifts! (plus Sarah's kids entertained my kids - bonus!). Missy stayed for lunch and part of the afternoon too, which helped the day pass quickly. I got to shower and do my hair while Isla napped in the afternoon, and Brad surprised me by coming home almost an hour early from work! I got some sweet gifts from him and the kids (including a gift certificate to Float Milwaukee which I am SO EXCITED to try!!). The kids thought it was very fun to help wrap the gift and surprise me. Ben kept saying, "Don't come in here, we aren't doing anything" trying to be sneaky. :) Then at night we put Isla to bed and Uncle Robert came and put the big kids to bed so we could get dinner downtown at Amilinda. It was SO NICE to go out for dinner and get a little dressed up...we realized we last did that a couple days before Isla was born SIX MONTHS ago!! Having three kids is no joke! :) Then on Saturday Brad watched the kids solo for a couple hours because Missy's gift to me was a pedicure and lunch - so so nice and relaxing!
So overall it was an awesome birthday, although it did end on Saturday with all three kiddos having fairly high fevers and not feeling well. :(
I also got drinks/apps with some of my old coworkers a couple of days before my birthday! Love these ladies!


No comments:
Post a Comment