Monday, August 20, 2018

Visiting Friends in Michigan!

This past weekend we drove to Michigan to visit our dear friends the DeLanges.  Brad and I were good friends with them when they lived in Milwaukee when they were newly married, but after they had their first baby Briana they moved back to Michigan to be closer to family.  We miss them lots and try to get together a couple of times a year!  It's always fun to see the kids play together (they have Brie - 6, Leah - 3, Caleb - 2, and Ryan - 1).

The drive and sleep went WAY better than I hoped for.  And overall the kids played great together!  We had low expectations for how the kids would do, and they all played really well together.  Ben and Elle slept on the floor in the guest room where Brad and I stayed, and that went just fine.  Isla slept in the girls' bedroom, which was great for her to have her own dark and quiet space so she slept great too.  The DeLange girls slept in the playroom on a mattress which seemed to go well!  Laurel and I even got out for breakfast and a little shopping one morning, and the guys went for drinks one night.

I think the kids' favorite part was helping with the GIANT garden and the chickens.  They loved collecting eggs and helping to feed them.  :)  It was so fun catching up and seeing our kiddos get along too!

Caleb and Isla played together pretty well. This day they were following each other around the yard, picking dandelions and such.

Garden & Chickens were so fun!



Moms morning out!

Traditional Alec & all the kids pic.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!




No comments: