Thursday, August 30, 2018

First Day of 3K & 5K! 2018


Bennett and Eleanor both love school so far (2 days in!).  Bennett is in full day kindergarten Monday-Thursday with Mrs. Adams, who was his 3K teacher so that is pretty fun.  So far he likes school a lot - rest time is his favorite time after two days.  He gets to look at books on his beach towel rest mat.  He also loves eating in the cafeteria this year, which he says is crowded. :)  I can't wait to see him grow this year.  He already loves writing and reading so much!



Eleanor is in 3K three mornings a week with Mrs. Resetar.  She has been very excited about school but did have some big tears/meltdown the day before school.  She turned to me and said, "Mom I'm going to miss you when I'm at school!!!"  And just started bawling.  Just about broke my heart.  Thankfully, she rallied and hasn't had tears since.  So far she loves "everything" about school.  She really loves picking out her outfit and includes her necklace and a special bow for her hair.  Her teacher says she's quiet the first few minutes but then perks up.  She always has a HUGE smile when I pick her up at noon.  And she LOVES the special mommy and Eleanor time we have when Isla naps.  :)



Isla definitely misses having her brother and sister home, but she sure loves her mama time.  She doesn't do very well playing independently yet, but will play nice if I'm by her so we have been doing a lot of picking dandelions, and playing with blocks, puzzles, and play doh.



We sure love our school!!!  It's hard to have my kiddos away from me during the day when I'm home, but I know they are in great hands. 



No comments: