Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not Much Going On...

Sorry about the lack of blog posts lately, but I feel like a whole lot of "not much" has been going on, so I haven't been sure what to really write about. Since getting back from Florida, I've just been trying to get back into the routine of school. It's amazing how much we lost over the week and a half break. My students are back to nonstop talking and lots of putdowns/tattling. I feel like I'm crabby a lot lately! I just don't know what's going on. Winter blues I guess. I should have known that going to Florida and getting a taste of 70 degree weather would make it seem worse in Wisconsin!

I've also got a few big upcoming things hanging over my head. I'm really quite the procrastinator sometimes on paperwork type things. I finally checked some stuff off of my to-do list today. But we've got report cards and conferences coming up again soon (I feel like I just did all that!!!). I've also got a big PDP (Professional Development Plan) due to renew my teaching license. I have been working on it over the past few years, but there's a lot to tie up and write up at the end, making sure everything is together.

Married life continues to go well. We both went through some depression when the Packers lost on Sunday, but we've recovered (thanks to Modern Family and Band Hero). The only real update I have for you is that last weekend we were in Oostburg and we picked out carpet for our family room! It's nowhere near ready for carpet, but we've got it set for whenever the time comes. We were able to find a really nice remnant so that cut down the cost a bit.

We still have our tree and Christmas decorations up, too. See- I told you not much has been changing around here! The lights and decor is just too pretty to take down until really necessary (I've got some of my mom in me!). In Brookfield our tree pick up day was either yesterday or Jan. 25. So we're taking our chances and hoping our tree makes it a few more weeks.

And for the final news...I am happy to announce we finally opened a joint checking account! Yeah! We really hadn't been avoiding it, but we just were having trouble choosing a bank. We ended up going with the bank where our mortgage is to make transferring payments easier. I think having a joint checking account will be the first challenge we have. So far so good, because we've only been depositing money into that account as of now. We still have both our other accounts open as we tie up loose ends.

I don't even have any new pictures for you because my camera is broken!!! Sorry! Well anyway here's an old one to make you smile! This is from the summer of 2006!

No comments: