Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions

Welcome to 2010 blog followers! I hope you had wonderful times with your families over this Christmas season. Brad and I were blessed to spend Christmas with both of our families (Green Bay and Oostburg). I spent the days after Christmas and through New Years with my mom and sister in Fort Myers Beach, FL. Poor Brad had to stay home. I don't have a lot of time to put up pics of our trip yet. Check back later this week for those.

So tonight I asked Brad if he made a New Year's resolution. He said he did, but he couldn't tell me what it was. That got me thinking about resolutions. I could definitely make a few generic ones, like "go to the gym more often" or "take my daily vitamin"...both are things I'm hoping to do more. And both things are good things to do. But I'm sure I'll feel discouraged and like a failure after one week. Blah! Not a resolution I want to make.

I'm pretty sure in the past all of my "New Years Resolutions" have lasted about 2 weeks, tops. It's just something I think of on a whim and forget just as quickly. Sure there are things I need to work on, but sometimes there's just not enough time in the day to get everything done, and you just need to focus on the most important things, God's things. What would He want me to get done in my day? What does He think I should work on to improve my life? I definitely don't have time to work, eat, sleep, work out, make dinner, clean, grocery shop, do laundry, spend time with Brad, do devotions, and correct papers all in one day and keep my sanity.

So I think this year instead of setting my own resolution, I'm resolving to open my heart a little more and hopefully hear what He wants of me. How does He think I could improve my life and use of time? Maybe by waiting to hear His leading, I'll be able to make a New Years resolution that will last.

No comments: