So this was my first week officially back to work after summer. I had been in a few days working on my classroom when no one else was really around, which is nice, because you can work at your own pace and I was able to get a lot done. This week, we had Wednesday as our first day back, and it was set aside as a "work in your classroom" day.
Luckily my classroom was pretty much ready because we have a new 4th grade teacher and I didn't realize that it's kind of a lot of work to have a new colleague! The new teacher catches on really fast, which is great, but it's still time consuming to try and help them learn a new curriculum, school, etc. I'm happy to help and trying to be patient because I know I really appreciated that when I was new. But, needless to say, I didn't get tons of time to work in my room that day, and I still did have a few things to do. Thursday and Friday we were jam-packed with meetings all day, which was super stressful, because all I could think about was my to-do list for my classroom and what I had to get done before kids come next Wednesday!
Wednesday night we had volleyball and it was my birthday, so Tuesday night Brad took me out to Mr. B's here in Brookfield - it was fantastic! Thursday night I had "Meet the Teacher" at school. All in all, this left no time for finishing painting the exterior of the house, which we had started last Saturday, or for mowing our lawn, or for getting ready for our big "Pre-Labor Day" party this weekend.
So I've been feeling overwhelmed. Can ya tell??? I have some birthday pictures and pictures of the house painting and a few other things but I haven't even had time to upload them to the computer, much less wait for them to upload on here! Tonight Brad and I finished most of the exterior jobs (lawn mowing, painting...) so I guess that leaves tomorrow morning for cleaning the inside of the house and grocery shopping! Luckily I have Monday off so I'll have to catch my breath that day.
Anyways, just wanted to let you all know what's been up around here. By the way, Cooper chewed up a plant from the kitchen table today. Somehow he climbed up on the chair and got it down. He doesn't seem sick, so I think we can infer the plant was not poisonous. Pictures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment