Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chicago 2010!

Well, I guess it's becoming a tradition. This year over teachers' convention weekend, we went to Chicago (again).  We left Thursday morning and came back Saturday afternoon.  It was a blast!  We shopped Michigan Ave, ate deep dish pizza, strolled through Lincoln Park Zoo, and saw a Second City performance.  I really wanted to see The Lion King, but we waited too long to book our tickets, and by the time we tried, only REALLY expensive ones were left.

Here are some pics of the trip:
Millenium Park's "The Bean"


Walking around on Michigan Ave

Navy Pier

View of the city from Navy Pier

Dinner at Carnivale - yum!

Lincoln Park Zoo - a FABULOUS FREE zoo! Amazing!  Loved it!



Chicago-style pizza at Giordano's!

At The Second City performance-  it was really good!  It's a comedy show that many SNL cast members are in before being "discovered" for SNL.  Some famous SC alum include Tina Fey, John Candy, Steve Carrell - and there are many more!  I'd recommend going if you're in the area.

No comments: