We've had one or two BAD nights (wanting to constantly feed or sleep on my chest), but for the most part Bennett is sleeping about three hours at a time at night. We had been putting him in his carseat to sleep, which the doctor said was okay, but now she wants us to work on transitioning to the bassinett or crib. Brad and I decided to raise one side of the bassinett so that Bennett wouldn't be so flat - he doesn't seem to like that. Last night was our first attempt at the bassinett- and he did great!
During the day, Bennett loves being in the swing and being rocked. I've found naps in the swing or in the boppy lounger (in the crib) are life savers! I will say, being home all the time you'd think I'd have a spotless house, but it's actually getting pretty dirty. I have time when B naps to pick up random items, maybe throw in a load of laundry or do a few dishes, and hopefully shower and eat. But as for heavy duty stuff, like dusting, wiping bathrooms down, etc....nope, no time. And since he turned two weeks old, it seems like he's decided to change up his routine. His two hour naps have turned into one hour naps, he cries when he's tired and having trouble falling asleep (likes to be rocked), and he wants to eat WAY more of the time. He's also spending more time awake, which is fun. We talk, sing songs, read books, and go on walks.
Some of my favorite things about Bennett are how much he smiles randomly throughout the day. Sure sure, people have told me it's gas, but it's soooo adorable to watch a big smile come on his face when he's sleeping! He also makes the cutest faces - he wrinkles up his forehead and eyebrows a lot and looks "confused" or "mad." And I love that he knows me already! If he's hungry and crying/fussing when someone is holding him, he almost immediately stops being in my arms (although if I don't feed him within a minute or two, he gets REALLY mad).
We had newborn photos last week! I was VERY nervous about how he'd do. People say the best time for newborn photos are 5-10 days old, and he was 14 days old and definitely less sleepy than before. But he did pretty well. We had a rough hour where I fed him and the photographer rocked him and we all just waited and hoped he'd fall asleep. Thankfully he did, and we were able to get some great
sleeping shots.
Newborn sneak peek! :)
On Monday we had our two week check up with his doctor. She was hoping he'd gain an ounce a day, but he almost doubled that! Bennett was up to 8 pounds, 7 ounces, which is the 50 percentile. For length he was up to 21 inches, which is the 75-85 percentile, and his head circumference was 36cm, which is the 75 percentile. The doctor was impressed with how much weight he gained!
Another fun thing is that Bennett is starting to focus on close objects, like our faces and his swing mobile. It's so exciting to see him look at something! Such a small change, but amazing to see. Bennett also had his first real bath. His umbilical cord fell off, so we got the okay from the doctor to do a real bath. He loved it! He was wide awake the whole time but not crying or fussing at all. He loved just sitting in the warm water. Afterwards, I let him sit in his towel for awhile so his butt could get some freedom from the diaper. Of course he pooped and peed on me. I've been trying to give him some diaper free time throughout the day on our changing mat. He loves to kick his legs and be free, but he almost always poops/pees on the mat.
We are loving this fun, expressive, sweet little boy!




No comments:
Post a Comment