Sunday, December 21, 2014

40 Weeks!



Well, my due date has come and gone.  Am I surprised?  Not really.  Maybe a little disappointed.  I was hoping to have this baby a day or two early, miss the last few days of work this past week.  Nope.  Didn't happen.

This baby has been measuring exactly on size, where Ben was always a little small, so I'm still hoping she comes out on her own.  But I do have an induction set up for Dec. 29 just in case.  I didn't mind being induced with Bennett, it's just such a long time away.  And the whole while you're anxiously making sure the house is picked up at night just in case, making sure the notes are clearly laid out, packing bags.  It's kind of a let down.

Not to mention it makes planning any sort of Christmas gatherings next to impossible.  We could be in the hospital on Christmas, we could have a few day old baby, we could not have a baby yet.  It's so impossible to know and try to arrange anything.

We had to take Ben to the doctor yesterday (so thankful for their Saturday hours), and it turns out he has an ear infection.  But when I told the doctor it was my due date she was like, "Today?!  You do not look like you're due and having a baby today."  Yup, I didn't think so either.  I don't have that 'puffy, can't breathe, complete waddle' like you're supposed to have on your due date.

My cousin Leah's due date was also yesterday.  She also has no baby yet, but she's been having lots of mild contractions, so I think she's probably closer than I am.  I had a lot of mild contractions on Tuesday, but nothing since then, so....

We wait.

And I'm actually feeling fine, so the baby is probably not coming today.  But we'll see! :)

2 comments:

Shane and Jody said...

You seriously do look great!

Shana said...

You look awesome!! I can't wait to see her :) Have a wonderful Christmas!!!