Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Good News

We had Eleanor's cardiology appointment at Children's Hospital today.  We are so thankful that Eleanor got great news!  The doctor was probably in our room for ten minutes tops, which is a good thing.

Brad and I waited silently holding our breath as the doctor listened to her heart for a good five minutes.  Then she turned to us and explained that Eleanor does have a very soft heart murmur, but it's an innocent one that should go away by the time she's 6-8 months old.  Yay!  I guess it's her blood flowing out that you can hear.  If it's not gone by the time she's 8 months old, then we can see them again to re-evaluate.  So that is good news!

In other news, I met with a lactation consultant who thinks Eleanor has a shallow latch and probably isn't getting much of the fatty hind milk.  So she gave me some tips for helping her adjust her latch.  Hopefully that will help our sweet peanut gain more weight!


1 comment:

Leah Vanberg said...

I was so glad to hear the good news! And glad the lactation consultant was able to help. Emma also wasn't getting much hind milk over the first few weeks. She would only nurse until I let down. Between the pediatrician and my midwife, we were able to fix the issue.

These girls. ;-)