I keep hearing about Green Meadows Farm from people and how we should take Bennett there, but we just never made it! Then this week some friends from book club were going with their kids and asked me to go. I found a Groupon (it's pricey to get in) so we decided to join in the fun. I am so glad we did!! It was an awesome place for kids (and if I'm honest, I loved it too!). Lots of animals to pet/look at, and tons of fun stuff to play on/with! The only downside was that it's about 35 minutes away. Thankfully Missy came along and was able to keep Bennett awake in the car on the ride home.
The first thing we did was ride the ponies. Ben got to go twice since Eleanor was too little to use her ticket. He loved it! :)
Yup - I held a chicken!
Kitten barn!
Ben brushing a goat.
And feeding a giant tortoise!
And holding baby chicks...
Feeding some more active goats. One tried to eat my shorts and Bennett picked up a little poop ball and tried to feed it to them. I had to tell him that was poop and not food. Then he kept saying, "Yuck - goat poop!"
Book club blondies: Ian, Bennett, Beckett, and Aiden
We even got to milk a cow (with some help)
And yes, Bennett hugged as many animals as he could. This slow moving donkey was happy to oblige. (It was bath time after this farm visit!!!)
Such a fun morning! Eleanor was happy in the Bjorn with Aunt Missy the whole time, allowing Ben and I to run around and pet all the animals. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment