Friday, February 12, 2016

Sick!

Ugh - we've had a long week.  Seems like something is going around, because I know a lot of friends with sick kids, and everywhere I go I hear random kids coughing.  Eleanor started some light coughing on Friday, but on Monday she was really congested, coughing, and had a fever.  When Eleanor is sick she doesn't sleep well, doesn't eat well, and is fussy/clingy.  Thursday her fever was gone, but still today (Friday) she is a little congested and snotty and just not quite her happy self.  And starting Wednesday night Bennett has been waking up crying a couple times per night and is also congested and coughing.  No fever for him thankfully.  So it's been a long week because we can't get outside and can't really go anywhere....I don't sleep much normally because Eleanor still gets up at night, but this week has made me appreciate when it's just Eleanor getting up! :-p  We are looking forward to dinner out for Valentine's Day on Saturday (we have a babysitter).  


Ben has been wanting to just watch TV, so I'm trying to keep him entertained with other things.  We've done a lot of Valentine crafting and baking...  Can you tell which pretzels he sprinkled? ;)

Superheroes!

LOTS of this going on.

Bennett is also sick of being stuck home!  It's freezing this week, but he keeps asking to go outside.  We'll get him all bundled and he'll last maybe 5-10 minutes before coming in for hot cocoa. :)

#sickkids

As always though, I am blessed with such great friends and family!  My mother-in-law spent her day off on Wednesday here so I could go to Coffee Break at church and get out of the house in the afternoon, my friend Allison delivered Starbucks on Thursday, and Missy/Kyle/Robert all came over to have dinner and entertain the kids on Wednesday. Having two sick kids is so hard though - I didn't think being a stay-at-home mom would be so trying at times, but sick kids is definitely one of those times! :-p  Looking forward to spring!

No comments: