Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016!

Mother's Day is always bittersweet, because I see so many pictures everywhere of people with their mothers, and it really makes me wish mine was still here.  Such an amazing mom.  And she literally lived her life to be a mom.  That was such a joy for her.  I miss her everyday, and so many times I get a little choked up watching my own kids, knowing how much she would love to be here watching them, too.  I know she's watching them from Heaven, so I guess it's more selfish that I wish she were here so I could see her with them.  I watch my in-laws with the kids and it's just so precious.  Love and miss you, Mom!




But Mother's day is also such a blessing.  Lots of social media sites had me believing Mother's Day was all about ME, and how can I be pampered on this day and have no kid responsibilities at all.  But I've come to realize that Mother's Day is any ordinary day with young kids, but it's also a time to slow down a bit with our family, and to really appreciate that I am a mom.  God chose me to be the mom of Bennett and Eleanor.  It is definitely not always easy or a joy, but it is always a blessing.  Staying home with my kids full time has been both the most rewarding and most demanding job I will ever have.  It's hard.  But I know I'm blessed to be able to do this for them and for my family.  My Mother's Day was filled with kid-made cards, thoughtful gifts, coffee, church and God, and sweet, slow time with our family.  It was just what I needed for today.  I felt loved, and Bennett even said, "Happy Mother's Day!" in the car tonight without any prompting - so sweet!  I hope my mother-in-law and grandma-in-law also felt loved.  We loved being able to spend the day with them.


Last year on Mother's Day!


This year on Mother's Day!  Ben looks the same, haha :)


Last year on Mother's Day!

This year on Mother's Day!

No comments: