Sunday, September 20, 2009

Groceries

So I am sometimes not a great wife. I'm working on it though. This weekend I asked Brad to get some groceries because I was out of town with family and knew we were having a super busy week and wouldn't have time to go. I told him the list of necessities was on the fridge and he should "add whatever else he thinks we'll need for the week." Keep in mind that we usually grocery shop together or I do it, so my request was, I'm sure, a bit daunting. So when I got home from Green Bay Brad was excited to show me his purchases...everything on the list plus a few extras. But I was tired and stressed and instead of being appreciative I did one of those "My favorite cereal - great, but did you get milk?" He hadn't. Instead of appreciating him going out and doing this on a weekend where he too was really busy, I kind of just looked at everything that was wrong with his grocery trip (did he think of any meals for the week? Check the date on our lunch meat before deciding we didn't need any new stuff?). I'm horrible!

Eventually I sat down, took a few deep breaths (and a look at his upset face!) and realized what I had done. Yikes! I felt like such a jerk! I've seen the look before on a student or two when they proudly bring me their math homework to show it's finished and I say "But you were supposed to be working on science right now," and you can just see the light fade from their face. I hate when that happens. Of course I apologized and begged for forgiveness, which Brad quickly gave, being the much nicer one in our relationship. Who knew groceries could be such a big deal???

I guess work, trying to plan weekly grocery trips without forgetting anything, trying to keep an impossible house clean, and life just finally got the best and overwhelmed me. After calming down a bit we sat and watched the Packer game (boo they lost), Brad made some home-made potato skins (this guy's seriously great!!!!!) and we were able to enjoy a relaxing Sunday snuggling on the couch together. Luckily my moment of wife insanity didn't ruin the day.

Love you Brad - sorry!!!!!!!!!! You are the best husband ever!



No comments: