Well, now it's Wednesday and AMAZINGLY my dad is still fighting. When he came in his kidneys were failing and heart was working on overload. Now his kidneys are beginning to function more (still not normal). We're no where near out of the woods, but there's been a slight improvement. He hasn't been eating or feeling hungry, so that's a new issue the doctors are scanning to figure out today. There's talk of dialysis if his kidneys don't pick up more. But his oxygen level has been better and they have him on less than when he came in. Pretty much it's baby steps and we're taking it day by day.
It has been pretty exhausting and stressful for my whole family. My mom, sis, and I have pretty much been at the hospital 8am-9pm daily. Then my brother& his fiance and dad's family/friends come and go throughout the day and night, which allows us to take breaks. It's nice to know that when I'm in Milw there are tons of people here to watch over him!!! The hardest part has probably been that my dad is very confused and disoriented. I'm sure it's because his body is so sick. But he keeps asking us to get the truck so we can get out of here...
If things continue to stay stable/improve slightly today than tonight I'm heading back to Milwaukee to catch up on work for Thursday/Friday, then coming back to GB Friday night. My fourth grade teaching partner has amazingly been taking care of everything in my classroom and has asked me not to worry about a thing - I am BLESSED to have such an amazing co-worker and friend! But I should head back and just sort through things/pick up tests which need correcting/plan for next week in case I'm back here again. One of the hardest things about being a teacher is that when I'm out, the classroom must go on, so someone has to make sure things are copied, lessons are planned, work is corrected, etc. I can't just leave and pick up where I left off when I return. Not to mention work on the house is at a standstill. I feel bad about that - because I know Brad and his family are so anxious to get the work done. I just can't really put any energy into that right now. We need to pick out new paint for the half bath and paint so the tile guy can come. We also need to pick out a new fireplace so we can finally finish the family room.
And Saturday it's my mom's birthday, so hopefully we can take a break from the hospital and get a nice dinner or something. My mom's been doing pretty well - eating well/gaining weight and getting out and about. Thank God for keeping her strong through all of this.
So thanks for your prayers - keep 'em coming!
~Jessie
No comments:
Post a Comment