Unexpectancy #1: Our hotel
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency - beautiful hotel. Our room was pretty and we had an great view of the lake! Friday night after Blueman Group we came back ready to spend a while in the hot tub, just to find out there was no hot tub!!! :( There was a fitness center, sauna, and pool, but no hot tub! Our hotel did end up having a chic lounge where we spent time watching some games and enjoying drinks and appetizers on Saturday night.
Unexpectancy #2: Blueman Group
SO FUN! I really had no idea what to expect because everyone says Blueman group is great - but....no one really says what they are/do!?!?! Turns out they are a combo drumming/acting/miming group and it's a funny/neat show. Brad even got called out! Good thing they had his name because we payed with his credit card and not mine!!! I would definitely recommend this show to anyone!
Unexpectancy #3: Shedd Aquarium
This is a GOOD unexpectancy, so I guess I could call it a surprise. I was a little apprehensive because I hadn't been to the Shedd in a LOOOOONG time and was afraid it might be babyish. But it was so cool! There are so many amazing fish and reptiles there. We got very close to a sea lion and beluga whales. Something unexpected was the "Fantasea" show they put on now. It's really the only way to see the dolphins/penguins/whales do their tricks. But it was more like a theatrical performance which was kinda weird. In any case, the overall the trip there was great!
Unexpectancy #4: Michigan Ave
We were both pretty excited for this shopping experience. But after a LONG walk from the Shedd, I was not in prime shopping mood. And after shopping outlets for the past year or so and trying to fix up a house, Brad and I both found the prices here just UNBEARABLE. It was fun to walk around though, and I loved taking Brad into Tiffany's for his first time! But honestly, all we went home with from Michigan Avenue was a $10 bottle of wine from a store in the mall where Macy's is. Kinda pathetic, I know. But what can I say? I'm getting too old to spend $150 on a pair of boots or $300 on a purse. I just have different priorities since buying a house and getting married. It's not just my money to play around with anymore... Oh and we did take a taxi back to our hotel - we almost died because our driver was speeding the entire way. :)
Unexpectancy #5: Shhhh
Can't say yet what this one is! You'll find out this weekend - check back for updates!!! (And NO Missy it's not a baby or puppy!)
Some pictures from our trip (Sorry didn't take too many!):

Excited on the way there...
We saw Blue Man group Friday night (couldn't take any pics inside :( )
The view from our hotel at night
Elevator had a big mirror in it.
On our way to the Shedd!
Skyline view from the Shedd
Sharks!!!
Brad had to have one with the clown loaches...he and his friend had/have them (a smaller version of course)

Walking around Chicago

Had to have one with the famous "bean" in Millenium Park

The bean!!!
4 comments:
OK, phewwwwww! As soon as I saw the last "unexpectancy" and "shhhhhh" my heart dropped to my stomach. I'm reeeeeealllly glad you aren't preggo. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. :)
Glad you guys had an overall nice weekend getaway! xoxo Leah
what a fun wknd you had! and i love when you make up words. :) You crack me up. :) can't wait to see what unexpectancy #5 is!!!
That's a good looking clown loach...
Soo fun!! And I CAN'T WAIT to find out the last suprise!!:)
Post a Comment