Thursday, December 3, 2009

First snow!

Well...today it happened. At about 11:20 I was with a guided math group, preparing for our upcoming test, when one kid screams "It's snowing!" The next thing you know, the whole group could really care less about the test and we're stuck looking out the window all day. It was probably the hyper-est, craziest, most talkative afternoon of my life! Can't say I blame the kids though, I was excited too! It's amazing how even though I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life, there's nothing like the first snow of the season! The initial excitement doesn't last too long for me though. It only took being outside for a freezing recess duty and driving home in a "blizzard" of traffic and I'm kind of over the snow already. Plus I know I have many weeks ahead of shoveling and cold recess duties. Here's a picture of the first snowfall from my classroom window (don't worry I didn't take this during math...I waited until lunch recess!)...



Since we have so much stuff in our garage, Brad and I have been taking turns parking in the garage. Lucky me - tonight is my night!!! No shoveling snow off my car tomorrow. Brad quickly came to this same realization when we got home, so we decided (his idea really) to make room in the garage for two cars. Mostly it wasn't too hard, until it came to finding a place for the dumb loveseat we haven't managed to get rid of yet! I smashed my finger trying to get that thing through the door and back into the family room. But we did it! Both cars fit with room for the snowblower to go down the middle in the morning...



And even though there was only 1/4cm of snow on the ground, Brad had to shovel it just so there wouldn't be as much accumulation later. I think he was secretly also excited about the snow and just needed an excuse to be out there. Thankfully our driveway is now snow-free. So even though our neighbors may hate our mound of dirt in the yard that never sunk in after hooking up to city water, they can't complain about the first house on the block to shovel!!!





Brad hanging up some lights...



I think it's officially winter!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post made me laugh - from envisioning you trying to lug that couch back in the house, to Brad shoveling and you taking a picture next to the "1/4cm of snow". :)

Can you believe Colorado has had 4 snowstorms already? And I just woke to another 4 inches of snow...