Sunday, December 13, 2009

Notes From Last Weekend...

Sorry this is a week late...but I feel like I had a busy week and couldn't get these up right away!!!

Friday nights we almost always go out to eat. We're just both really beat from the week, and it's nice to chat and catch up and go out! This time we finally went to Cafe Hollander, which we've been wanting to go to forever, but we never think to call really far in advance, and they've been super booked. Luckily it was a slower night so even though we didn't plan ahead, we were still able to get in. If you go there (they have one downtown and now one in Wauwatosa) I would recommend the sweet potato fries (frites) as an appetizer or regular fry replacement! Yum!

Saturday Brad's family came down bright and early. The boys worked on putting some venting "shoots" in the attic in preparation for insulating. The insulation we have now is flimsy and not doing much to keep our house warm. Then at noon we went to watch Brad's little brother, Nate, bowl for state bowling. He took 6th - it's tough competition at that level. We were really proud of him!





Saturday night Brad's parents had tickets to go see A Christmas Carol at the Pabst (Something Brad and I love doing!!!)...so we got to hang out with Nate and Robert. We made homemade pizza and played lots of Rock Band! Let's just say drumming is harder than it looks...I always thought it would be so cool to play the drums, but I don't think I'm cut out for it. Plus I didn't know any of the "rock" songs, so I'm hoping to get Band Hero (more "pop" songs) soon so I can actually know the beat and words!







Sunday we were having some friends over to help us decorate our tree. That meant we first had to get a tree. We thought we'd just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get one. But seeing as it's Brad first-ever REAL tree and our first tree together it didn't really feel special enough just getting one there. So we drove up to Mequon and cut our own! I even took a few tries with the saw. We got our tree home & Brad put up some Christmas lights.







Sunday night was a blast! We had some of our friends over and I brought out as much craft stuff as I could find and we just talked, ate good food and drank Jody's amazing cider, and used our creative energy to create ornaments for our tree. Every single thing on the tree is homemade! It's awesome!









Now our house is officially ready for Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Triplet Dad said...

oh my goodness. you guys are TOO cute. Love the ornament idea! You are soo fun! :) The girls are already excited to hang out with you again! -Shelly