Sorry I haven't blogged lately...usually I try to write something over the weekend but we were busy this past weekend. Brad & I went to Green Bay this weekend to visit my mom, 'cause we haven't seen her in a while. We had fun shopping and just hanging out. Saturday night we went to dinner with my brother and his fiance, Amanda, and it was a blast! We went to a restaurant called Margarita's, which I'd never been to before. It's on the west side and I would highly recommend it if you're in the area. Sunday of course was the Super Bowl, and we went to a party with our church group. The girls spent the entire third quarter in the hot tub, which was great! Then last night I hosted my Bible study group and so that meant cleaning and baking and things I hadn't gotten to do over the weekend. It was a little busy and frantic there for a while, but while I cleaned, Brad went grocery shopping and baked delicious chocolate cookies! And he even stopped to get me some flowers (gerbera daisies - my favorite). What a guy!
Around the house there aren't really any updates yet. I think we're nearly done mudding the drywall in the family room and next the boys have to start sanding it. Then hopefully in a week or two we'll be ready for texture, then priming and painting. I can't wait to have a non-dusty house! Seriously, I dust on a bi-weekly basis right now. Leather furniture and drywalling do not mix. And speaking of that, if anyone out there has any tips for keeping leather furniture from getting so dusty, let me know please...
Today we had a big snowstorm in the Milwaukee area, but unfortunately not quite stormy enough for MPS to call off school, so we had to go in. Most of the private schools and schools closer to the lake were called off, but no such luck for me! Boo! I can't believe it's almost mid-February and we haven't had a snow day yet! It's of the major reasons I became a teacher!!! (Just kidding, but I do love it!)
And I still haven't gotten my camera fixed, so no picture updates yet. I do have my brother-in-law's camera, so I have pictures, but I just have to get an adapter so I can upload them to the computer! Sorry! Thanks Nate!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment