Friday Brad and I rushed to GB after work to help celebrate my Grandma's (Herlache side) 80th birthday! That's right - 80th!!! The trip was a little more hectic than usual due to rain and major Friday traffic. It didn't help that poor Cooper got a little car sick and threw up five times! And we didn't have any napkins or time to stop to clean it up. We ended up getting to my mom's house, throwing Cooper in his crate in the bedroom, and running straight to the party. Puke in the back seat and all! But the party was fun and it was nice to be able to see my extended family.
Me, Grandma, Casey
When we got home from the party, we took Cooper out of the crate and he met his aunt Mollie for the first time. We were a little nervous about how Mollie would react to him, but they hit it off! Cooper spent most of the weekend chasing her around. Luckily she's allowed on the furniture and he's not, so she had a safe haven when she got sick of him.
Me, Mollie, Cooper
On Saturday we celebrated Mother's Day with my mom...we all went bowling! Fun! I actually won the second game. I know, I was shocked, too. Then we took my mom to dinner at Texas Roadhouse - sooooooo delicious! We also got to meet my brother's new puppy, a miniature dachshund. It's super tiny and really cute because he has a special pattern on his coat, called dapple. His legs are seriously as long as my pinky finger and he's 10 weeks old!
Mom & Missy at the bowling alley
At Texas Roadhouse
Food coma :)
My new nephew, Calvin!
We spent Sunday celebrating Mother's Day with Brad's family. His grandma and aunt/uncle came over for lunch. Mostly we all sat around watching Cooper. He is getting sweeter and cuter by the day and is becoming more fun as he gets more confident. Although I think he picked up bad barking habits from my mom's yorkie, Mollie.
Nate & Cooper...pretty much together the whole day :)
The bad-influence Uncle Robert, teaching Cooper how to go up and down stairs... :)
Tired out puppy. Long weekend of lots of hugs and being held, plus car-sickness. He'll sleep well tonight I think! :)
So overall, it was a good weekend. It went really fast, though, and I'm not sure any of us are ready for another work week, especially Cooper, who was held and fawned over all weekend. :) But another week means softball, volleyball, puppy school, and other fun things.




1 comment:
Mollie was not happy that you called her out for teaching her nephew to bark!! (-:
Post a Comment