It's really my fault. I had no idea how to respond when the girl asked me how I like him cut. I said honestly, "I like him fluffy how he is now, but I don't want him to die of heatstroke, so do what you think." Next time I'll have a little more to say. Like trim his tail and around his "mustache" more. And trim the body a bit less. I was hoping he'd still have a little fluff to him, but she pretty much buzzed him. Poor boy. He looked still like a puppy before, but now he looks SO big. If anyone out there has a cockapoo and you have a good place/way to get them cut so they still look like a cockapoo I'd love to hear your advice in the comments section! THANKS! :)
The haircut seems to have brought on a sassy personality too, but how can I blame him? I'd be crabby and mad too if someone buzzed off all my beautiful hair. He's been running away from us in the yard, biting like crazy, jumping up on us, and generally NOT LISTENING at all. Although we have been busy with yardwork this weekend so he's gotten a little less attention. I'm sure that's contributing to the behavior changes. I'm really nervous to bring him to his last puppy class on Tuesday because we just haven't been practicing much and it shows!!! Now I know how my students feel when they have to admit they didn't get their homework done...
Well, here it is. The adorable, fuzzy before and the sad, skinny after.
Before
Believe it or not...just a week later
3 comments:
I think he still looks cute! Maybe he knows how you feel and so he is acting out.... he is still so sweet looking. Grandma.
When I was growing up, our cockapoo had a horrible haircut as well. She came home with a schnauzer haircut. It was awful!
Daisy, my cockapoo now, gets her haircut at Top Knotch in Lannon. Under $40. You'll have to explain what you like a bit more to her. Bring in the picture of Cooper now, and tell her what you don't want done to him. It took us a couple times to get the right haircut, but it all grows so quickly. I must say, though, that we shave Daisy as short as Cooper's body all over because it grows so fast! And it grows out so nicely. I have to admit that this haircut makes Cooper's head look huge! :) Top Knotch is also available right away. We found that some places have to be booked months in advance. I called Top Knotch (262-502-9999) on Friday, and had Daisy in on Thursday. Just a suggestion, but don't hate me if it doesn't turn out. :)
Are you going to the LeMahieu gathering in June or celebrating your anniversary?
Thanks Sarah, we'll look into that place. Someone else recommended Dapper Dog, but said it's a little pricey. I don't think we'll be at the reunion (not sure of the date?) but we'll be in Colorado for our anniversary June 24-28. Thanks again! :)
Post a Comment