Saturday, December 10, 2011

Well....we ALMOST have cabinets!

So, today Brad and his dad, with the help of a cabinet guy from Oostburg, put in about half of our kitchen cabinets.  It took a bit longer than expected... BUT luckily he's able to come back next weekend, so hopefully then we'll finish up.  In the meantime, we're able to call the electricians, since the top cabinets are in place (they can finish the under cabinet lighting), so that's good.  Unfortunately we still can't call the granite guy, since they'll need the base cabinets in place for measuring.  Oh!  And SOME of the wood flooring came today - oddly, not all of it.  But that's okay since we have NO plan for installation yet.

But the kitchen is looking pretty good!  I've got to admit, I miss hanging out with my husband on Saturdays, so that's another reason why I'm looking forward to the project being complete (my other reason is having a wonderful kitchen, of course!).  We've had a gift card to a restaurant we've been wanting to try, and we've had it for over THREE MONTHS and haven't gotten to use it. It seems like Friday nights Brad's working late, or I have class, or we're exhausted from the week, and Saturdays are eaten up by working on the kitchen until 8pm, then by the time we're done cleaning up.... well, you get the point.  We both work so much during the week, our only real day to hang out at all is Sunday.  Brad wants to go look at the granite this week and I had to tell him I have something going on EVERY night this week....how is that possible???  So I'm definitely looking forward to spending some time together tomorrow.  So thankful for Sundays!

Speaking of which, tomorrow Brad & I are in the Candlelight service performance at church.  We are playing Ruth and Boaz, although we have no lines (thank goodness!).  We just have to walk to the right place at the right time, which could be tricky, since I missed the practice when I was in Colorado.  Brad promises he knows right where to go, but the costume lady at church told me he walked to the wrong spot during rehearsal.  So we'll see how it goes.  :)

Well, here are some pics from the work today.  Hopefully I'll have finished cabinet pictures for you NEXT weekend!

Measuring where the cabinets should go.













Taking out the old door to the garage...

New door!  (Still needs trim)


Part of the flooring came!  (Not as orange as it appears in the picture)


No comments: