Monday, April 14, 2014

Chicago!

On Friday night after Bennett was in bed, Brad surprised me by saying, "Guess what?  We're going to Chicago tomorrow."  At first, I thought he was kidding.  He has been working SUPER long hours at work the past few weeks finishing up a deadline, and he wanted to thank me for dealing with the craziness. :)  He had worked out for Missy to stay overnight with Bennett.  Our first overnight trip away from Bennett!!!  I knew we'd be close and gone only 24 hours, so instead of being nervous about leaving him, I was excited for a day/night just with Brad! (Most excited to have the opportunity to sleep in! Ha!)




We spent our day in Chicago doing our favorite things: visiting the Lincoln Park Zoo, shopping a little on Michigan Ave, and eating out at some great restaurants.  






And Bennett had fun too!  He was spoiled and even slept in until almost 7am on Sunday morning (usually he is up by 6am for sure).  Me...not so much.  I guess I'm not really able to sleep in anymore.  But I did stay in bed and rest until 9am! :)  



1 comment:

laurel delange said...

What a great surprise! Alec and I really should get away sometime....AZ was nice, but it would be nice to go on a trip where he didn't have to work most of the time! Looks like it was a blast!