After carving pumpkins we had a movie night (Eleanor was in bed)! It was our first ever movie night! (The movie was only 25 minutes long...) We had blankets, drinks, and snacks, and snuggled in to watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Okay...that movie is weirder than I remember from when I was a kid. We didn't even watch the whole thing before pretending it was over and putting Bennett to bed. But it was still a really fun night! And our pumpkins look pretty cute! :)
Monday, October 26, 2015
Pumpkin Carving!
Now that Ben is getting a little older, I was really looking forward to carving pumpkins with him! We had gone to a pumpkin patch a few weeks ago with Brad's family, and he had seen his friends carved pumpkins so he was excited about it. We made a night of it - having a little dance party to Monster Mash and Ghostbusters while our jack-o-lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's baked in the oven. After a dinner of pizza and apples with caramel sauce, we got to work. Bennett's excitement lasted about two minutes until I tried to force him to put his hand in the pumpkin to pull out some seeds, haha. Then he said he would be the pumpkin top holder and that was it for him. He and Eleanor played with dominoes on the floor until it was time to carve the faces, then he was mildly interested in that for a few minutes. He did love the part where we lit up the pumpkin and his favorite part was blowing out the candle. Maybe next year he'll be more into it. :)
After carving pumpkins we had a movie night (Eleanor was in bed)! It was our first ever movie night! (The movie was only 25 minutes long...) We had blankets, drinks, and snacks, and snuggled in to watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Okay...that movie is weirder than I remember from when I was a kid. We didn't even watch the whole thing before pretending it was over and putting Bennett to bed. But it was still a really fun night! And our pumpkins look pretty cute! :)
After carving pumpkins we had a movie night (Eleanor was in bed)! It was our first ever movie night! (The movie was only 25 minutes long...) We had blankets, drinks, and snacks, and snuggled in to watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Okay...that movie is weirder than I remember from when I was a kid. We didn't even watch the whole thing before pretending it was over and putting Bennett to bed. But it was still a really fun night! And our pumpkins look pretty cute! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
We had a dance party too! I laughed so hard when I saw Bennett's pumpkin. Nailed it!
Post a Comment