Disclaimer: This post has talk about poop in it. Read at your own risk.
Ahhhhh so today after church Brad went to the Marquette game. I decided to stay home with the kids since they'd be napping, and figured it'd be an easy afternoon. He left and it was only an hour until nap time.
Unfortunately both kids pooped right after lunch. As I was changing Eleanor the house gets really quiet. That's a bad thing when you've got a 2.5 year old. "Bennett? What are you doing?" I yell. A few minutes later he comes into the family room where I was changing Eleanor, no pants or diaper on, holding his dirty diaper. "It's yucky Mommy," he says handing it to me. I quickly realize it's a pretty big gross diaper. On his way over to me he trips and falls, smearing poop on the carpet. Ugh. Then I go to find where he took it off (the bathroom, thankfully) and see he attempted to sit on the toilet, and poop was smeared all over the seat.
"Buddy - remember Mommy said if you already have poop in your diaper you can't sit on the toilet? And only Mommy and Daddy can take off your diapers." I may have said that a little less nice and a little more frantically. Eleanor starts crying because I'm stressed and she can tell something's wrong. I have to hold her in one arm while cleaning up Bennett, the toilet, the carpet with the other hand.
The life of a mom with two kids in diapers. Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment