Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Leah Visits!

My cousin Leah just spent almost a whole week here and it was AMAZING!  Leah and I grew up together, and were pretty much each other's first best friends.  Now she lives in Colorado with her husband and two kids (Isaac 5, Emma 2) and so I do not see her as much as I'd like to.  They are done growing their family, so she decided to come stay and help me for a week.  Honestly, it could not have come at a better time, and I think it was a true God intervention.  I was at my wit's end with the kids at home....Isla had been going through the fussy 6 week old period, the big kids were constantly fighting, I was sick of the yucky weather, etc!  She came and it was just so refreshing to have someone to talk with all day and someone to take turns holding a fussy baby with.  She helped clean my whole house for my sister's baby shower I hosted on Saturday, she made meals, did dishes, entertained the big kids - she was just so helpful!  I'm sure she left here exhausted but I ended up being refreshed and feeling so much better as a mom!  I so so so appreciate her coming and leaving her kids at home, which I know was SO HARD for her - but it was amazing that she could help so much!  And also just really nice to catch up and have a little girl time (we even got pedicures one night!).  The kids now love her and talk about her lots.  Eleanor keeps wanting me to "braid her hair like Auntie Leah."  :)

Here are some pics of our week together!






We love you Leah!  Thank you so much!!! :)

1 comment:

Missy said...

Come back Leah!!!!! We miss you!