Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bellin Run: Day 2

So Day 2 calls for a 15 minute run, as you know if you read my last blog post. So Brad and I decided to try a morning run. I was a little nervous about this, since we both have a hard enough time getting out of bed in the morning at 6:30am, how would we get up at 6:00am???

So the alarm goes off at 6 and it was still pretty dark outside. So we decide to snooze for a few minutes, which is a dangerous thing, let me tell you. Somehow I pulled myself out of bed at 6:10am and started getting running gear on. Brad was still in bed but got up when I asked "Are you making me go by myself?" :)

So we get outside and it's pretty cold and also still quite dark and a little foggy. Not ideal for being awake early. But we somehow did it! Actually we ran the 15 minutes but took two short "walk and catch your breath" breaks in between for me. By the end I was pretty much panting and sweating and Brad wasn't even winded. Poor Brad. He pretty much had to jog in place because I'm such a slow runner.

Day 3 on Thursday calls for another 15 minute run. This time we're going to try for only one break at 7.5 minutes. We'll see how it goes.

So far it's 9:30am (My kids are in gym) and I'm still awake and kickin'. We'll see how exhausted I am tonight though. I actually did like working out in the morning and it's nice to know I'm done for the day! :) Check back Thursday to see how Day 3 goes.

No comments: