Monday, March 29, 2010

Bellin Run: Training Begins

So Brad and I decided we'd try to do the Bellin Run again this year. I did it two years ago without any training and just walked-ran the whole thing. It was fun though! This year we decided we'd better actually do some kind of training, as neither of us have been working out much lately. So we downloaded the recommended training plan from the Bellin Run site.

Day one was a breeze: Walk 15-30 minutes. We usually walk for 30 minutes a few days a week anyway, so that was easy. But I'm dreading Day two: Run 15 minutes. Seriously? You go from walk 15 minutes to run 15 minutes??? I don't think it's going to go well on Day two tomorrow. Luckily they give us one day in between to "rest." I have mixed feelings about training with Brad. I'm glad to have a partner to do it with, but I also know his legs are much longer than mine and even walking with him is sort of a jog. So we'll see how this goes.

I'll update you on Day two tomorrow.

No comments: