Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fireplace

Yesterday Brad and his dad worked on the fireplace. They cut and laid the tile surrounding the fireplace themselves! I'm so impressed with their work - it looks great! They still have to do the grout in between the tile, but here are some pics of the work so far. And we laid the fireplace mantel up against it so you can picture what it will look like eventually. I can't wait!




On Friday night, we went to an auction for our church's school. There was a silent auction, plated dinner, and live auction. I've never been to a live auction, so that was really interesting. Everyone at our table was kind of in our same boat financially, so it wasn't really in any of our budgets to be the high bidders on the trips or anything. :) But I REALLY wanted the little puppy that they had, so we did bid in on that. Unfortunately it ended up going for way over one thousand dollars. Needless to say, I don't have a puppy yet. But it was a really fun time. We did go home with a cooking class and picnic basket. :) And we had lots of fun with our friends.


On Saturday, I went to my friend Carrie's bachelorette party (well part of it at least- it was a whole night and day event!). I went to a really fun cooking class at Antigua restaurant. I guess they do the cooking class once a month. I would highly recommend the class or just going out to eat at the restaurant. The staff is great!



2 comments:

laurel delange said...

Oh my stars! It looks totally amazaing! Veeeery nice work

Sara Poos said...

I heard the puppy was a cute little cockapoo. That's what we have, and we love her! Great family dog, doesn't shed, and they're just the right size! ;)

Sara (Tenpas) Poos