Sunday, March 7, 2010

Visit from Mom

On Friday, Brad's dad, Randy came down to Brookfield again and worked on the house when we were at work (is he the best or what?!?!). He finished the hutch (notice it now has glass and doors), finished staining the shelf in the living room, took down a decorative (not attractive) piece of wood from above the sink, and some other random stuff. Here are a few pics of the latest updates:





Then on Saturday morning my mom came down for a visit. My sis came to hang out with us, too. We went to TGIFridays at Miller Park for lunch, then went to see all the cute pups at the Humane Society. I wanted to take two home but Brad wasn't budging on waiting until summer. Probably a good choice, but they were cute!!!




At night we went to a comedy show at our church (like comedy sports). It was HILARIOUS. Our church served appetizers before and cookies after the show, which was yummy and it was a really fun time. Sunday we went to church, had a nice lunch, then just hung around for awhile until my mom had to drive back to GB. It was a fun weekend. And I must say - I'm loving the sunshine! I'm just about ready to break out those flip flops I bought at Target a few weeks ago and the spring purse I got at TJMaxx.


OH! I almost forgot. We (and by we I mean Brad) finally took down our Christmas lights this weekend. I was actually kind of sad about it, but I guess that means we're getting closer to spring. I'm sure the neighbors were happy...

No comments: