Bennett has quite the personality lately. I love so many things about him! I love when he's hungry or frustrated or just wants to be held...he'll scream or cry then look to see if we've noticed he's upset. Then commence fussing again until he gets his way. I'm sure this won't always be so endearing, but for now, I laugh and pick him up and give him kisses and snuggles. Which he sometimes hates. This sweet boy is going to be a handful, I can tell. Sit down and play quietly with toys? No thank you! He wants to "stand" and "walk" and grab everything in sight. He adores watching Cooper, and loves jumping in his jumper. I love that he now anticipates tickles and begins giggling when you come at him saying, "I'm gonna get you!" He loves playing airplane with Daddy, and it melts my heart to see his big grin and giggles when Brad comes home from work and says, "Hi buddy!" Bennett also still loves books, singing, mirrors/phone cameras, and anyone talking to him. He loves to just look around and almost always falls asleep in the car or stroller.
At 6 months, Bennett is a champion sitter. He rarely topples over unless he's mad and arches his back. It's crazy how babies just trust you're going to catch them. :) Bennett does turn over both ways, but really only in his crib. He loathes tummy time, and although he can push up and get in the crawling position, he mostly just balances on his belly and throws his arms back in a tantrum. For a boy who is dying to be on-the-go, he is really against doing what it takes to get there!
This was honestly one of the best 6 month pictures I got. Ugh. He would not sit still, would not stop drooling...kept grabbing the blocks. Looked everywhere but at me. Oh well!
Sadly, Bennett is a really bad sleeper lately. Bedtime is usually between 7-8, and he almost always gets up around 4am. The bad part is that usually he gets up several times a night....insistant upon eating. Rocking, patting, shushing - don't even try, the screams get louder. If Daddy goes in instead of Mommy, watch out! We've found that it goes better, however, when we read books after nursing and put him in his crib awake at 8. It goes against everything in me to wake him up after nursing to read books, but it works!
We've started trying solids, so far with mixed results. I got super excited and bought all organic veggies/fruits and pureed everything myself...but so far it's been a bust. We tried sweet potato first, and Bennett didn't love it. So we went to sweet pears, but they were too sour for him. Finally I gave in and tried baby cereal, but I did oatmeal instead of rice cereal for the nutrition. A few days in, and he finally liked it tonight! I actually had to make a little more because I made such a small amount since he had not been really into it. It's so sweet - he's like a little bird opening his mouth for the next bite. Proudly, Bennett is still 100% being nursed or on EBM. My freezer stock is dwindling though, and it might be soon that I have to resort to one formula bottle a day. We'll see how long my current supply can last, and how long I can manage to pump at lunch...it is really a pain! Bennett still has no teeth, but for over a month I swear they've been pushing through! He's so super drooly and will chomp on anything in sight. So we'll see when they decide to arrive...then, the teeth brushing drama begins (I'm assuming he'll hate it)!
Bennett goes to the doctor on Wednesday so I can update with stats then. However he is mostly in 6 month clothes, with some 3-6 month things as well. And he has really crazy hair. Thankfully, he's a boy and mohawks are kind of cute on baby boys. He only has thick hair on the top of his head, and it mostly sticks up or sideways.
We had some professional pictures taken for Bennett's 6 month milestone....


1 comment:
He is growing so fast! What a happy boy. Your professional photos are gorgeous!
xo
Post a Comment