Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy Birthday...

Today would be my Mom's birthday.  I had high hopes of writing a lengthly blog post about how much I miss her and think about her everyday....how I SO wish she could hold Bennett, because she would LOVE snuggling this boy.  How I still start to call her on my way home from work at least once a week to chat about our day.  How it really doesn't seem real that she's gone.

Honestly, I mostly default to not talking about how much I miss her, because I'm still not ready.  Life is busy.  Work is busy.  My baby makes me smile (Oh how I thank the Lord everyday for giving me this baby at just the right time!).  My husband helps support me.  The Lord gives me strength.  And that is what I need right now.  So you won't get a long blog post today.  And if you ask me how I'm doing, I will say, "fine."  It's nothing against you.  I'm just not ready yet.  I was able to write some thoughts about my mom here on her caringbridge site when she was in the hospital...if you haven't read it that might be a good place to start.

Oh, how I wish I had half the strength, selflessness and joy in just living everyday that this amazing woman had.

She is my hero.







No comments: